COMPETENCY BASED EDUCATION WORKSHOP
Schedule | Registration Information
The 2021 Competency Based Education (CBE) Workshop will be held virtually on September 29 and 30.
This comprehensive, hands-on workshop will prepare education leaders to understand and explore learning outcomes, competency-based education, student-assessment-as learning, and institutional assessment. Workshop attendees will develop a deep, practical understanding of how to:
• Ensure Student Learning and Engagement: Consider the critical questions about educational principles while working to ensure meaningful outcomes and experiences for students across diverse learning platforms
• Design Institutional Strategies: Effectively align institutional/program/course outcomes, develop authentic assessment strategies, and build systemic support.
• Develop an Action Plan: Discuss practical approaches to further develop your unique curriculum and make it more responsive to diverse learners and real world contexts
During the Workshop, participants will:
• Engage in hands-on work sessions and receive one-on-one assistance with their projects from experienced CBE experts.
• Gain insight from professionals with extensive experience designing and implementing assessment methods aimed at developing and assessing competencies.
• Observe student assessment in action and learn firsthand how to foster student learning.
• Receive feedback on assessment design, teaching practices, and curriculum.
Workshop sessions begin at 10 a.m. and end by 4:30 p.m. (EDT), with some additional material for you to review asynchronously.
• From Principles to Practice: Transforming Education
• Competency-Based Education
• Assessing Individual Student Learning
• Feedback and Self Assessment
• Designing Student Performance Assessments
• Creating and Aligning Program and Course Outcomes
• Mapping a Curriculum
• Special interest work groups that are generally discipline-based
• Individual/Team Work Time
Our Workshop presenters are the experts in Competency Based Education (CBE). You will get to know our team and experience multiple opportunities for informal discussions addressing your specific questions and needs.
Assessment Workshop Registration Fees
Individual Rate: $1,650
Team Rate: $1,250 per person
(A team consists of two or more participants from the same institution.)
Special pricing may be available for very large groups or for need-based discounts.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
Registration Deadline: September 22, 2021
Continuing Your Work After the Workshop
Do you need more time to reflect and work on a project or an area of inquiry with individualized consultation and support from MCC experts? Workshop participants will receive discounted MCC consulting rates for up to one year after the workshop.
Contact us to arrange for an MCC consultant at your campus.
For more information about the workshop, registration, or consultations,